Tour Risks, Cancellations, Insurance, and Terms and Conditions
We always do our best to make sure all guests enjoy their tour, however there are some things we cannot be responsible for. Please see our terms and conditions below.
The Road Less Travelled Experience acts as a tour operator contracting some services from other tour operators, travel agents, airlines, and hotels, referred to as “Service Providers”.
Guests assume complete and full responsibility for, and hereby release The Road Less Travelled Experience and these service providers from responsibility for any loss, theft, damage or personal injury that occurs during a tour.
1. GETTING STARTED: A booking is made by completing the booking form and returning it with a deposit of $500 per person to The Road Less Travelled Experience. A Confirmation Pack will be sent to you after receipt of your booking form and deposit. Please note the deposit is strictly non-refundable.
It is a condition of booking that you arrange comprehensive travel insurance. If travel insurance cover cannot be obtained for a medical condition, or any reason, you must advise us immediately.
2. PAYMENT: Final balance is due 60 days prior to departure to India. If you book less than 60 days prior to departure, then full payment must be made at time of booking. If payment is not made by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
3. TRIP PRICE: The trip price is based on costs and exchange rates current at time of advertising the tour. We reserve the right to adjust prices due to exchange rate fluctuations. Wherever possible we will attempt to contact you and allow you to make full payment to avoid any increases due to these fluctuations, however we cannot guarantee this will be possible. If we receive an increase in prices for services, these may be passed on even after final balance has been received.
4. CANCELLATION BY YOU: If you cancel your trip, land and air cancellation fees apply. The fee is determined by the date we receive written notification of your cancellation.
Fees are as follows:
More than 60 days: loss of $500 deposit.
60 days or less: 100% of total booking cost.
5. CANCELLATION BY US: Our tour departures are subject to a minimum number of guests. We reserve the right to cancel the tour if these numbers are not achieved within 60 days of the scheduled departure date. We will advise anyone affected no later than 60 days prior to departure and in this case all monies paid to us will be refunded except costs incurred for travel insurance.
No responsibility is taken by us for any costs incurred for goods or services purchased by you independently for this tour. These costs might include, but are not limited to, costs imposed by an airline on cancelled advance purchase airline tickets.
The Road Less Travelled Experience will do its utmost to never cancel a tour, but if for some unforeseen reason it happens, guests are welcome to move dates or their payment would be refunded in full.
If we are forced to unexpectedly end a tour after departure due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret we cannot make any refunds or pay any compensation or be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by you as a result. *See 11 below.
6. EVACUATION: In the unlikely event that you are evacuated from the tour for any reason, all costs associated with the evacuation are at your expense. This includes evacuation costs by helicopter or fixed wing aircraft, medical expenses, doctors’ fees, additional accommodation, and transport. From the moment you leave the tour itinerary all expenses are at your cost. No refunds are given for unused services.
7. ACCEPTING INHERENT DANGERS: You understand and accept that your proposed tour may expose you to dangers. Only people in good physical and mental condition should undertake this tour. You must understand and accept that a medical emergency in any area may be life threatening and by completing this booking form you accept these potentially adverse and unfavourable conditions and potential life-threatening situations, as your choice.
8. LIABILITY RELEASE AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Road Less Travelled Experience will always endeavour to act with due care and skill. Where The Road Less Travelled Experience utilises Service Providers, The Road Less Travelled Experience is not responsible for the acts and omissions of these Service Providers, including tour guides, for any loss, damage or expense, including loss of money paid in advance which you may incur as a consequence of the acts, omissions and negligence of others. As soon as possible, on receipt of your completed booking form and deposit, you will be sent with your Confirmation Pack, an ‘Indemnity & Release Form’. This must be read, understood, signed, and returned by email.
9. YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS: We strongly recommend a visit to your doctor to determine if you have any health issues that may prevent you from participating in this tour. You must ask your doctor about current inoculation requirements.
Where a COVID19 vaccination is available, you must have this vaccination and supply a doctor’s letter stating the date you received the vaccination. No COVID19 vaccination, no travel.
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you will be asked to obtain a clearance from your doctor allowing you to undertake your tour. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to cancel any booking and refund any monies paid. During your tour you are under the authority of your tour leader who has right to determine your suitability to continue with your tour.
10. MINORS: The minimum age permitted is 15 years old, and the final acceptance of a minor on a tour is strictly at the discretion of The Road Less Travelled Experience. Some aspects of travel in India can be quite confronting. Due to the volunteering component of the tours, some younger people may find it challenging. Please enquire.
11. FORCE MAJEURE CLAUSE: “Force Majeure” describes circumstances where the performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reasons of war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, governmental actions and all similar events beyond our control. In these circumstances, we are not liable to pay any compensation or otherwise be responsible for, any expenses or losses you may incur where plans are altered due to circumstances beyond our control.
12. INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR OF GUESTS: If guests display any of the following behaviours, The Road Less Travelled Experience reserves the right to terminate the guests tour immediately. No reimbursement of funds will be given. Any loss of funds or expenses incurred as a result will be at the cost of the guest.
*Safety of our guests is our utmost concern and we take it very seriously.